Manager, Communications & Awards
Kate Niswander joined the Alliance for Women in Media 2009 and was pleased to be a part of the Alliance for Women in Media's many changes, including the AWM rebranding and the L.A. debut of the Gracies. In her current role as Manager, Communications & Awards, Kate works on the association's communications, membership, events and the Gracie Awards. She is also content editor for AWM's blog, Reflections. Prior to joining AWM, Kate served as office assistant for an educational policy research firm in Washington, D.C.
Kate graduated from the George Washington University with a B.A. in French Language and Literature.
- Hometown: Buffalo, NY
- Hobbies: Reading on my Kindle, TV, going to Wegmans (yes, they have them in Virginia), all things France
- Favorite TV shows: Modern Family, The Office, How I Met Your Mother
- All-time favorite TV character: GOB Bluth on Arrested Development
- Actor or actress people have said you resemble: Kate Winslet (Hey, I’ll take it!)
- Radio station or program I am always tuned to: Country music
- Preferred movie genre: Romantic comedies and movie musicals
- A movie that everyone should see once and why: His Girl Friday, with Cary Grant and Rosalind Russell. The comedic timing and chemistry between the two is pure genius!
- Favorite movie: Beauty and the Beast
- Most frequented website: People.com
- Blog that I must read daily: EW PopWatch
- Personal quote: “The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine